What better way to say “I love you”, than with chocolate, right? Right. This Valentine’s day,
show your loved ones you really care by giving them superfood laden TRIPLE chocolate & sea
salt truffles. Good for your tastebuds and good for your health.
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE SUPERFOOD TRUFFLES
• 1 cup almond meal (or another type of finely ground nuts: hazelnuts work great as well)
• 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
• 1 tbsp reishi mushroom powder (optional)
• 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
• 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
• 2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
• 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
• 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
• 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (add more as needed, 1 tbsp at a time)
• 1/3 cup almond butter
• 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• dash of cinnamon
• dash of sea salt
• flakey sea salt for topping truffles
• your favorite dark chocolate bar (melted)
Mix together all truffle ingredients in a large bowl. Your mixture should feel like a thick cookie
dough; if it is too wet, add some more almond meal, if your mixture is too dry, add some more
coconut oil 1 tbsp at a time, or add some more almond butter. Take the dough and roll some
truffle sized balls. Melt dark chocolate either in the microwave or using the double boiler
method. Coat the truffles in dark chocolate and place onto a piece of parchment paper. Sprinkle a dash of flakey sea salt on the top and place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes to
let the chocolate harden.
Enjoy! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Looking for more food gift ideas? Check out these other recipes from Adeline:
ADELINE WAUGH is the creator of Vibrant&Pure Wellness, a website and Instagram account which strives to exemplify the notion that healthy food never has to be boring. She is currently studying to become a certified holistic nutrition practitioner and loving the wealth of knowledge she gets to learn every day. Vibrant&Pure’s motto is, ‘Vibrantly beautiful meals with ingredients nothing less than pure’. Her goal is to show people that cutting out things that seem impossible to live without (i.e. wheat, dairy, and refined sugar) doesn’t have to mean deprivation. Connect with her on Vibrant&Pure, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.