Remember that time we made almond milk from scratch and I told you to save the almond meal? Today weʼre going to make cheesecake with it! I love using every last bit in the kitchen and since almonds are a bit pricier, why waste them? This cheesecake recipe is free of added sugars, is made with minimal ingredients and is actually the most delicious cheesecake ever. Itʼs perfect for a summer treat on a hot afternoon.
* makes 28 cheesecakes
Almond meal from DIY almond milk
1 cup dates
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup cashews
2 cups fresh strawberries + more for chopping 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
1. Make the crust by blending the almond meal, dates and cinnamon in a food processor.
2. After itʼs been fully blended, form small balls with your hands and press the crust into the cavities of a muffin tray. I used a mini muffin tray.
3. In a high-speed blender, blend cashews, fresh strawberries and coconut milk. Make sure to pre-soak the cashews for a full day before preparing this recipe so theyʼre able to blend smoothly.
4. With a teaspoon, fill the rest of the cupcake cavities with strawberry cream.
5. Chop a few strawberries up in to small bits and sprinkle them on top of the strawberry cream.
6. Place the cheesecakes into the freezer for at least three hours and enjoy!
ASHLEY RAE provides guidance, support, and empowerment through her blog, Rae of Sunshine Life and the recipes she creates. Connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Get more of the Sunshine Life with Ashley’s new e-book, Start With Smoothies.