Easy, fast, complete, delicious….and made in just one pan to boot, Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp with Potatoes and Broccoli is going to be your sanity saver on busy weeknights.
I love reading cookbooks. Truly. I read them kind of like how other people read Danielle Steel novels. In bed. On the couch. Sitting on the edge of my seat to see how they are going to season the chicken.
Okay, fine. Maybe I’m exaggerating my enthusiasm for cookbooks a smidge. But I do sit and read them like any ol’ book. I love the ideas, the inspiration and (best of all) the photographs of amazing food. However, one thing bothers the heck out of me time and time again when reading cookbooks:
The time it takes to cook a homemade meal from scratch!
Now, I am all for living slow. Not rushing is a good thing. However, I am a busy working mama who doesn’t have 2 hours on a Tuesday night to make dinner…. nor do I really want to. I want a beautiful and easy dinner that I can make and clean up relatively quickly so that I can put my attention on what I love more than food…. myself and my family.
So, I have found a lot of simple tips, tricks and hacks for making real food happen in a real busy life in a way that doesn’t stress me out. One of those hacks is sheet pan meals!
Seriously, sheet pan meals are life for us busy folks and make healthy eating on a busy weeknight possible! They are quick to throw together. Quick to cook. And don’t leave a sink full of dishes in their wake.
Oh, and the perfect sheet pan meal must have veggies in the mix. In my book, a dinner (or any meal for that matter) isn’t complete unless it is loaded with delicious veggie goodness. So, if I am going to cram a whole dinner onto a sheet pan, you better believe veggies are going to be in the mix!
Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp with Potatoes and Broccoli is a particular favorite of mine and my family. A complete meal on one sheet pan that is hard to beat, and the flavors are so on point!
My husband loves it. My 6-year-old daughter loves it (and she is no easy critic to impress). I love it. And my kitchen loves it…. since it doesn’t get used and abused when a sheet pan meal is on the menu!
If I am speaking your language with quick, EASY, delicious, family friendly, veggie-loaded meals, you have to check out my eBook, Veggie-Loaded Love. This recipe for Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp with Potatoes and Broccoli is straight out of its pages! And if you love it, you are going to love the other veggie-packed recipes it holds…including Flourless Chocolate Protein Muffins (with hidden greens), which will change your breakfast game…. even with those picky eaters (big or small)!
Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp With Potatoes and Broccoli
- 1 pound shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 4 cups broccoli florets, washed and dried
- 3 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil or melted coconut oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided and to taste
- 1 pound of potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place shrimp in a mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Add in one minced garlic clove, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt. Toss to coat and set aside
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the diced potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt, 1 clove garlic and black pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes on lined baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a large bowl. Toss with remaining oil and salt and garlic.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Stir potatoes. Add broccoli and shrimp to sheet.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and firm to the touch.
- Enjoy immediately.