I recently shared an article called Picky Eater Turned Food Blogger: How I Fell in Love with Food where I talked about my unhealthy and difficult relationship with food that lasted for far too long. I had food phobias for years and ate a very limited menu, one that did not consist of raspberries. Looking back now I wish I could shake my younger self and say “you’re missing out on the most delicious fruit!” because raspberries have become one of my favorite foods.
This simple, quick and delicious snack is tasty to have in the late summer and early fall. It’s a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard. Enjoy one jar and leave the rest in the fridge (or freezer) for another time. I hope you love them!
Core and finely mince your apples. Add frozen apples.
Portion out your mixture into the mason jars.
Add oat mixture and seal.
Bake and enjoy!
Mini Apple Raspberry Crumble
*Makes 6 servings
6 small glass jars
2 apples, cored & minced
1 cup frozen raspberries
1 Tbsp crushed flax seed
½ cup water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¾ cup rolled oats
¾ cup coconut sugar
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup spelt flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Combine fruit in a bowl, stir and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and stir together until well combined. The mixture should be wet and sticky.
4. With a teaspoon, spoon fruit into the jars.
5. Top with a teaspoon or so of the oats mixture. Make sure to not fill the jars all the way to the top, leave a little bit of space.
6. Transfer the jars to a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes until the top becomes brown and slightly bubbling.
7. Remove and allow the jars to cool for about ten minutes so you don’t burn your fingers.
What’s your favorite recipe for apple season? Share a link or tell us about it in the comments below.
ASHLEY WOOD is a recipe developer and writer from Winnipeg, Canada. With a passion for health, wellness and vegetables, Ashley creates simple and inexpensive vegan recipes made from whole ingredients that are often seasonal, sometimes gluten-free and occasionally raw. Ashley believe in celebrating the benefits of living a vegan lifestyle and at the very least, hopes to inspire others to eat more plants, smile and live with some Sunshine.