Molly Molofsky is a nutrition consultant who helps busy people make healthy living a reality. Through her one-on-one consulting, workshops and writing, she is here to show you how to let your food fuel your active life and shake up your approach to nutrition. When she’s not meal planning and recipe creating, you can find her teaching Bootcamp or Zumba classes in her home city of San Francisco.
You know that perfect tee shirt you want to wear every day? It’s soft and fits perfectly and goes with everything? And no matter what, you keep pulling it out to wear day after day…
…if that tee shirt were a recipe, it would be this lemony chicken soup with zucchini noodles.
This soup is bright, flavorful and simple. And as with all my favorite recipes, it’s packed with nutrients.
Frozen peas are an underdog superfood, rich in antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin C, B vitamins and many other micronutrients.
If you haven’t tried zucchini noodles before, just wait until you get your hands on a spirlizer. If you get as excited as I do about watching vegetables turn into noodles…well then, it’s a good thing we’re friends. I use this spirilizer (but if you don’t have a spirlizer, just chop the zucchini up and throw it in as is).
Hope you enjoy.
Lemony Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles
2 organic chicken breasts
2 tablespoons organic butter
1 tsp herbs de provence
2 cloves garlic
4 cups homemade chicken bone broth
1 cup frozen peas
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Optional: chopped basil
1. Cook chicken as desired and shred
2. Chop onions, carrots and garlic
3. Heat pan and melt butter in large soup pot or dutch oven.
4. Saute onions, carrots until onions are clear, then add garlic and herbs and sauté until fragrant (few minutes)
5. Add broth, peas and simmer until vegetables are soft (10-15 minutes)
6. Meanwhile, use a spirlizer to make the zucchini noodles
7. Add shredded chicken and zucchini noodles
8. Let simmer for 10 more minutes
9. Add lemon juice, zest and basil (optional)
10. Season with salt and pepper and additional lemon wedge