I love avocados, and what makes them even better is that they are high in mono-unsaturated fat – the good for you kind!! Grilling the avocados and tomatoes in this guacamole adds a nice smokiness and flavor that takes this dip to the next level. Get creative and add your favorite fruit or veggies like grilled corn or mango to really make it your own.
- 4 HAAS avocados, sliced in half (keep skin on for grilling)
- 2-3 large Persian limes, sliced in halves
- 3 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes OR 3 small Roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 jalapeños
- sea salt- to taste
- ground pepper- to taste
- skewers, presoak for 20 minutes – for the garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes
Heat the grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees. Halve the avocados and remove the seeds. Skewer the garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes (no need to skewer if using Roma tomatoes). Grill the avocado, limes, jalapeños, garlic and tomatoes until char marks form.
Once cooled, remove the avocado from its skin and roughly chop. Chop the tomatoes and combine all ingredients and refrigerate until party time. Goes great with my Grilled margaritas for a festive take on your average “guac and margaritas.”