Welcome to my breakfast table!
There is something so fundamentally magical (and naughty!) about a bowl of ‘ice cream’ for breakfast. Made with nutrient packed, creamy avocado, speckled banana, indulgent cinnamon, and Organic Burst’s organic whole leaf wheatgrass powder, mornings have never been so sweet. Don’t forget the coconut ‘sprinkles’!
Banana Avocado ‘Ice Cream’ [makes 1 smoothie bowl]
- 1 medium banana, peeled and frozen
- ¼ ripe avocado, peel removed
- ½ cup fresh spinach or kale
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 5 ice cubes
- ½ – 1 cup filtered water (depending on desired consistency)
Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender; start with ½ cup water, then while blending, gradually adding more until the ‘ice cream’ has a soft-serve creamy, creamy like consistency. Pour into your favorite bowl and sprinkle on your favorite toppings, enjoy!
Nutritional Information [per smoothie]
180 Calories, 33g Carbohydrates, 6g Fat, 3g Protein, 6g Fiber, 14.5g Sugar
‘Ice Cream’ Topping Ideas
- 1/2 ounce raw almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts (+90 calories)
- 1 medium banana, sliced (+100 calories)
- 1 tablespoon almond or peanut butter (+100 calories)
- 1 cup mixed berries (+50 calories)
- ¼ cup dried coconut flakes (+100 calories)
Alexandra Dawson is a Washington, DC based wellness warrior, passionate vegan & anatomy nerd. An American University graduate with a BA in Neuropsychology and a concentration in Eating Disorders & Obesity, she is currently back in school as a post-baccalaureate student, working towards a BS in Nutrition & Dietetics. Alexandra writes a lifestyle and recipe website InMyBowl.com, promoting plant based nutrition, healthful and positive living, and #GoddessVibes. You can also find her on her beautifully impassioned Instagram, @TallulahAlexandra.