Arborio Rice with Peas and Asparagus
VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE
- 1 cup arborio rice, cooked
- 1 cup peas, can use organic canned or frozen
- 1 cup asparagus, steamed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup radicchio, finely shredded
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix garlic with 1/2 teaspoon salt until paste forms. Add vinegar and oil and whisk together.
- Cook rice per instructions. While rice is cooking, steam asparagus until crisp tender (about 7 minutes).
- When rice and asparagus are cool, combine with peas, onion, radicchio, and vinaigrette. Toss to combine and season with salt. Let stand for about 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add basil and let stand another 30 min.
MAKE AHEAD TIP
- Cook rice and steam veggies the night before. Once cooled, mix all ingredients together except for basil. 30 min before serving, add basil and let stand 30 min.
Recipe and photographs courtesy of Coreen Murphy.